Fencing
Well today was my first fencing tournament in Frankfurt, I was quite nervous as I had no idea how it was going to be like, however I realised that I am in the complete novice section because I don't have electronic equipment. We arrived at 3:30pm but the organisers were extremely late and we started at nearly 5. In the end my fears were unfounded and I completely crushed all my opponents, I got many 5:0 perfect scores. I feel kind of mean though as the kids are all younger than me and I must seem very tall and scary. In the final round it ended up full of FIS(Frankfurt International School) kids - my 2 brothers, another kid and I. I lost one round earlier to my older brother but this time I won. I won all my games in the final, yet I was second to my brother because the organisers messed up the scores. My brother lost twice and I only lost once. But I played one less match because one of my opponents had to change group, so my brother received more overall points, anyway Im not one to complain. So in the end the darkhorse FIS won most of the top positions:
1. Older Brother
2. Me!
3. German kid
4. FIS kid
5. Younger brother
This is actually quite ironic as we found out that technically we are an illegal club because our teacher is not officially registered as a licensed fencing teacher. Apparently though we might be getting 2 new fencing teachers that were in the olympic team. That would be good for our skills but the club would become less fun.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home